- Extremely busy, more so in summer
- Open to most winds
- Various, can shallow out towards head of the bay
- Type of beach
- Boat type recommendations
- Beeches Bay recommended for smaller boats
Waikawa marina offers a range of services for most boat types
- Public recreational space on the Eastern foreshore area
- Rocks/reef/sand bank warnings
- The rock shown off the Snout is about two meters below the surface and is ten to fifteen meters from the shore.
- Very large numbers
- Other information
- There are two five knot buoys located on the East side of the bay just outside the moorings. There is a Red, White, Green sector light for keeping clear of moorings at night.
Also a Green light at the starboard entrance to mooring area.